We've started to receive some great questions about Hummeze, and wanted to share some of the answers

we've given on this FAQ page.


Q: .......

The water temperature on the package indicates about 140 degrees. We tried the hottest tap water we have (about 125) and the solution dissolved. Should we make sure the water is hotter than that for some other reason or will this do? ~ Mary

A:
If the Hummeze dissolved, bubbled, and cleaned the feeder, then the water temperature you use is fine. We have found that it can take a little longer for the water to go from colored to clear if the temperature is not around 140. The bubbles also work better, from our observation, when the water is around 140 degrees. But, the bottom line is this: did the product work to clean the feeder satisfactorily? If so, then the water temperature you used is great.


Q:What if the water doesn't completely clear? ~ Frank
A:It usually takes about half an hour, but this can vary depending on the water temperature and the degree of dirt in the feeders. You can see, for instance, in the "Dirt Challenge" video that the water actually went a dirty yellow-brown (because the feeders we cleaned were so dirty to begin with). While under typical conditions the water will go clear, if the Hummeze forms bubbles and the water is sufficiently hot, the feeder should be clean within 20-30 minutes.


Q:Are there any harsh chemicals in Hummeze? ~ Moira
A:No. When dissolved in hot water, Hummeze forms thousands of oxygen bubbles that clean the feeder surfaces of dirt and mold.


Q:Will Hummeze damage the plastic of the hummingbird feeders? ~ Paul
A:No. Plastics are much more likely to be damaged by things such as UV (sun)light, water that is far too hot (boiling), or harsh chemicals like bleach. Also, brushing plastic feeders can cause minuscule surface scratches, permitting mold spores to more easily grow.


Q:Does Hummeze get rid of mold? ~ Ricky
A:Yes. One thing that mold doesn't like is oxygen, and because Hummeze contains oxygen bubbles when placed in hot water, mature mold is quickly eliminated. Also, the spores are loosened from the surfaces during cleaning and rinsed away down the drain, helping to retard future mold growth.


Q:Will Hummeze clean inside the little flower petals and bee guards of my feeder? ~ Sandy
A:Yes. The bubbles get into even the smallest and tightest places, cleaning all parts of the feeders.


Q:Why can't I just use brushing and bleach to clean my feeders? Or vinegar? ~ Margie
A:You can! It just takes time and effort to clean the feeders with a brush (time better spent with friends, family, or enjoying watching the hummies!) And, bleach is not the most eco-friendly chemical. Vinegar, though gentler, has a strong odor -- and brushing is still required.


Q:Does Hummeze have a strong scent? ~ Patricia
A:Hummeze is unscented.


Q:My question is not here. How can I submit a question? ~ Judy
A:Write us! Ask your question by using the form on our homepage.